Before another winter of sub-freezing temperatures and snow, prepare your home. Below is a list of things that might help protect or make your home more efficient in the light of the cold weather. Every home is unique with different challenges, so these are suggestions to help you prepare for winter:
- Change the filter in your furnace.Â
- Set the thermostat to a consistent temperature to ease up on heating or cooling to an extreme: saving on your electric bill. Â Now is a great time to look into a thermostat upgrade if needed.Â
- Clean gutters, before the hard rains come and it is unsafe to be on a ladder.
- Give your roof a glance, check for anything amiss. Â
- Winterize lawn irrigation/ put away lawn and gardening supplies.
- Trim up trees with low branches.Â
- Clear debris, such as leaves from away from your house and home vents.Â
- Walk-around your house both inside and out to take inventor of your home’s windows, doors, and vents. Â Look for places letting in a draft that could be sealed.Â
- If you have questions or concerns call for a tune-up or maintenance.Â