As the snow begins to build up it is a good idea to keep your Winter home maintenance up! Below are a few helpful tips in preparing for more snow.
- Remove snow from your gutters. Great tools to aid in this process can be found at Tum A Lum Lumber to prevent ice damming.
- Make sure all of your hoses are disconnected and no outside water is connected or on.
- Keep all of your condensation lines and HVAC equipment free of snow and prevent freezing. Any lines that freeze can prevent the unit from working.
- It is a good idea to remove snow 5-8′ around your house so when it melts the water is not building up around your foundation.
- It is also a good idea to remove snow around fire hydrants. If ever needed it is important emergency personnel can find it quickly.
- If you have a shallow pitch roof it is important with large accumulations of snow to remove snow to prevent extra weight as well as ice damming.
- Keep some supplies handy if you need to lay low for a few days.
We hope you all enjoy the snow and have a safe and fun time with your families!