There is a unique non-profit group in Hood River, Oregon helping keep the community green it is the Gorge Rebuild-it Center. The Gorge Rebuild-it Center is a place to bring building materials saving these access materials from a landfill, and repurposing the building products.
Mission of Gorge Rebuild-it Center:
- Foster green building design in the Columbia Gorge area
- Divert reusable materials from the landfill
- Improve affordable housing in the Mid-Columbia River region
- Create stable, family wage jobs
- Operate self-sufficiently